Monday, December 3, 2007

It Was All About Me

Why is it when you have a birthday you don't feel a day older, but when your children have a birthday you feel OLD!!!
I don't feel any older, yet, I turned 33 yesterday! The great thing about a Sunday birthday.....we can make it a birthday weekend! And that's exactly what we did! I arrived home Friday after an extra long stressful drive in traffic, to these wonderful homemade Chocalate Meringue pies. Just last week I gave Tony my Grandmother's recipe and what a great suprise I had! A yummy one at that!
On Saturday Tony treated me to dinner at our new favorite Italian Restaurant, Pallotta's. Shrimp Marsala with sundried tomatoes and portabella mushrooms made me happy, along with a nice glass of merlot!
Are you getting the idea I gained a few pounds this weekend! On Sunday my parents came over for smoked chicken, a pot of beans, and rice. Not to mention a devil's food pound cake which Riley helped light and yelled "looks like we're gonna have a fire!" Tony couldn't have made the weekend any better!

2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

Oooo... beautiful necklace! Happy Birthday :)

And I must say that I LOVE chocolate pie. Mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday April!!!

Lovely man Tony for making the pies. Yummy!