Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another Broken Promise


I watch my young boys eyes fill with disappointment and hurt as he hangs up the telephone,


Tears flow from yet another broken promise.



I wipe his tears, hold him tight, knowing the pain his heart feels.



I reassure my love to him and assure that I will never break a promise.



It does little, for he knows that is so. What he wants, is to know the one who has, will no more.



I can't sugar coat it, I can't promise it, I can't tell him it will change.



I must watch his heart become callous and tough, for one day, he will know to expect no more.



My stength through his sadness and pain, is our love, our Faith, and the keeping of our own promises.



His strength, is our love , his Faith, and a gradually toughening heart.



I go to my room, I shed my own tear and pray for my son's heart.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry that Peyton was disappointed. I dont know by what or by whom but I know how hard it is to see our children sad. Hope he knows we all love him!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing April. I know those feelings the boys experience and I'm sorry. You are an incredible mommy. My heart breaks for them.