Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just the Two of Us Thursday

Tonight was a special night! Thursday's, Tony drives an hour and a half to have dinner with Michaella! The twins used to go with him to see Michaella as I toted Peyton to soccer practice. Now that soccer is over and the church Christmas play practices are over we had to figure out how to work Thursdays! Tonight was Riley's night!It is very RARE that I get any extended period of time with just one of the kiddos. So, on Thursdays, it's "Just the Two of us Thursday"! And I must say, Riley and I LOVED it!


First we went to the store to pick out our gourmet dinner. He put the menu together. Spagettio's, Nacho Cheese Dorito's and Sprite Zero.....all his picking and much to my delight, since it was easy of course! Dinner was a hit. After that we shared our valuable time putting the train together that runs under our CHRISTmas tree. If I've never mentioned it before, Riley is ALL about trains. WE are going on 5 years of being passionate about trains. And to this day he will let EVERYONE he knows, he will be a train conductor when he grows up. He even went as far as telling me that it will be on a train where he will "find a girl who has no one to take care of her, so he will do it". I have absolutely no doubt in my mind he will have a profession that deals with trains! What a fine job he did on the track!



Once the train was up and running, he decided he wanted to bake a strawberry cake! And how great it turned out! He is very precise in following directions, if it's 2 minutes to mix, he mixes to the second!

Oh and his favorite part, licking the beaters. I think this to was my favorite part of baking with my Mom!
What a wonderful, heartfelt, warming night Riley and I had. The night ended with a chat on the couch and true insight to his day. I will cherish these moments rare moments forever!

2 comments:

Grace and Aria said...

Sweet photos - precious times. One on one moments are so rare and wonderful. (Especially when there are multiple children ;) Bravo, mama.

Anonymous said...

What a special evening for you and your little (big) fella. Very sweet photos. And a strawberry cake! Yum!

Love the pictures of the cans! Perfect! I love me some sgettio's!!!